Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Friday, November 21, 2014

Getting the most out of your outfits....

These days we are all on a budget of some sort, everyone is watching there dollars and trying to get the most out of every dollar. I thought that I would do a series of blog post, to show how some simple changes to an outfit can refresh it and make it look like a new one. You can make one outfit look different every time you wear it. I do this quite often, and I always get asked by people, "Is that a new outfit your wearing". By making some simple changes, like, adding or taking away a blazer, a belt, changing the type or color of your jewelry, or even wearing a different purse or shoes with it. This can make that one outfit look like new.

Style note: Yellow peplum top with kick pleats in the waist line, this top is made of  polyester, rayon, spandex material. I purchased the size 2x, which is equivalent to size 14/16. The fit was very comfortable, I would say that its pretty true to size. I wore a blue pencil skirt, the skirt is made from, polyester, spandex material, which had a great amount of stretch to it. I purchased it in a 3x, which is equivalent to 18/20, because I'm so hippy I wasn't sure that the 2x would fit. I think that I could wear the 2x comfortably. For me the fit was okay for my hips, but the waist was a bit loose, so, depending on how your body is proportion you can probably size up or down. I added a blue blazer, a blue belt, blue and silver accessories. I decided to give this outfit a bit more kick, by added a multicolor shoe that had hints of blue in it.

Top & Skirt, Forever21, Shoes, by J. Renee, Steinmart, Blazer, necklace, bracelet, (Cato fashion, last year). Belt (Rainbowshops, earlier this year, sold out online). Sliver bangles, (Body central earlier this year, sold out online). Silver ring, Torrid.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment