Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Friday, January 9, 2015

My coat selection....

I know for many of you, you are well into the winter season, and have probably experienced more than just a few snow flurries. I live in Florida, and for us Floridians we've experienced what I call sweater weather. We experienced a few low temp days before the holidays, but then it warmed up again. I think we were close to 80 degrees for the Christmas week.

Its now January and its finally starting to get cold enough for a heavier jacket or coat. I've been on the hunt for a winter coat, and found that they are a wide array of prices and styles. I know \many of us are on a budget, so, I selected a few coats that I think are in the moderate price range. I personally like and bought the Houndstooth coot from Torrid. Knowing that the weather can warm up suddenly here in Florida and that I may only wear this coat a few times, the price ($108 and a 20% coupon) was within what I wanted to spend on a coat.

While I was on the hunt for my coat selection I came across some nice and trendy coats that I wanted to share with you.                        
 
                                                        Top left: Blue pea coat from Forever 21, $42.90.               
                                                        Top right: White puff coat from Layne Bryant, $169.95.    
                                                        Bottom left: SimplyBe belted cape coat, $130.                   
                                                        Bottom right: Lane Bryant faux wool coat, $199.95


           
 Style note: I choose this black and white pattern coat from Torrid. I got this coat in a size 1, which is   equivalent to a size 14/16.This coat fits very well, it falls above my knees, and I'm 5' 4". The sleeve    length fell right at my wrist, and the fit of the arms was comfortable for me. I would say that this coat is true to  size. I must also say, that it has no stretch, so you'll have to get your true size.         
I like the details on this coat, it has a collar, bold buttons, side pockets, a full                                   lining, and pleats that allows this coat to fit your figure. Find a similar item here.                            
 


 
                                                                                                                                    
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 




 


 
 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment